Dynamics of Regulatory Networks
The focus of this course is understanding the dynamics of regulatory networks.
We will discuss a novel mathematical approach to the analysis of network dynamics that allows for the global description of dynamics over large regions of parameter space.
With this mathematical tool we will consider major challenges that arise in the context of systems and synthetic biology including:
1) How to design networks that are robust with respect to changes in parameters
2) How to use time series data to proposed network models
3) How to use time series data to identify parameters
4) How to build minimal models of complex systems
5) How to control behavior of dynamics of networks
6) How to understand the evolution of networks
7) How to identify causes of failure in synthetic networks
Ordinary Differential Equations, Linear Algebra