General Information (Catalog listing)
01:640:454 Combinatorics (3)
Existence and enumeration of designs and patterns such as codes, graphs, and block designs, and extremal problems related to such objects. Emphasis on applications to computer, biological, physical, and social problems.
Prerequisites: CALC2 and 01:640:250.
Textbook: For current textbook please refer to our Master Textbook List page
Syllabus set by Instructor
Sample syllabus: Fall 2021 Prof. Weibel
Taught in Summer and Fall semesters.
Schedule of Sections
- Fall 2011: Prof. Weibel (Roberts/Tesman)
- Fall 2010: Prof. Beck.
- Fall 2009: Prof. Beck.
- Summer 2009: Paul Raff (Roberts/Tesman)
- Fall 2008: Prof. Beck (Roberts/Tesman)
- Summer 2008, Paul Ellis (Roberts/Tesman)
- Fall 2007, Prof. Bumby (Roberts/Tesman)
- Summer 2007, Michael Weingart (Roberts/Tesman)
- Fall 2006, Prof. Beck. Using Brualdi
- Fall 2005, Prof. Cherlin. Using Roberts/Tesman