Math 135 provides an introduction to calculus. It is taken primarily by students interested in the biological sciences, business, economics, and pharmacy. Math 135 may be followed by Math 136. There is another calculus sequence, Math 151-152-251, which is taken by students in the mathematical and physical sciences, engineering, and computer science.
Important Department Policies & Recommendations
- Although it is possible to take Math 152 after Math 135, this is not a recommended sequence.
- Students who may need to take Math 152 or Math 251 should take Math 151 instead of Math 135.
- Math 136 does not satisfy the prerequisite for Math 251.
If you will need Math 251 at all, you must take Math 152, whose recommended prerequisite is Math 151. Hence if you will need Math 251, you are strongly recommended to take Math 151 instead of Math 135.
- Starting in Spring 2019, students will no longer be routinely granted special permission to attempt Calculus I (Math 135 or Math 151) for a third time.
Such requests will routinely be denied, and a student who wishes to take Calculus I for a third time must demonstrate that there was a compelling excuse for at least one of their two F's.
- The School of Engineering does not accept Math 135 for CALC1 credit. Engineering students should take Math 151.
- Fall 2018
- Spring 2018
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2017
- Fall 2016
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2015
- Spring 2015
- Fall 2014
- Spring 2014
- Fall 2013
- Spring 2013
- Fall 2012
- Spring 2012
- Fall 2011
- Spring 2011
- Fall 2010
- Spring 2010
- Fall 2009 Instructors' web pages
- Summer 2009
- Spring 2009