- L.P. Liu. An energy formulation of continuum magneto-electro-elastics with applications, J. Mech. Phys. Solids 63:451-480, 2014.
- D. Qian*, L. P. Liu and P. Sharma. Flexoelectricity in Soft and Biological Materials, J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 62:209-227, 2014.
- Y. Hanlumyuang*, L.P. Liu and P. Sharma. Revisiting the entropic force between fluctuating biological membranes? J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 63:179-186, 2014.
- L. P. Liu. A differential approach to microstructure-dependent bounds for multiphase heterogeneous media. Accepted to Acta Mechanica, 225, 1245-1266, 2014.
- L. P. Liu. Geometries of minimum field concentration. Mechanics of Materials, In press, 2014.
- L. X. Hu* and L. P. Liu. Interfacial waves with surface elasticity. ASME J Appl. Mech, In press.
- P. Mohamad*, L. P. Liu, Pradeep Sharma, R. V. Kukta. Surface Energy, Elasticity and the Homogenization of Rough Surfaces, J. Mech. Phys. Solids 61, 325-340, 2013.
- L. P. Liu. Polynomial eigenstress inducingpolynomial strain of the same degreein an ellipsoidal inclusion and itsapplications, Mechanics and Mathematics of Solids, 18, 168-180, 2013. .
- L. P. Liu. On energy formulations of electrostatics for continuum media. J. Mech. Phys. Solids 61, 968-990, 2013.
- P. Mohammadi*, L. P. Liu, Pradeep Sharma. A Theory of Flexoelectric Membranes and Effective Properties ofHeterogeneous Membranes, ASME J. Appl. Mech. 81, 011007, 2013.
- L. P. Liu and P. Sharma. Flexoelectricity and Thermal Fluctuations of Lipid Bilayer Membranes: Renormalization of Flexoelectric, Dielectric and Elastic Properties, Phy. Rev. E., 87, 032715, 2013.
- L. P. Liu and D. Onofrei. Engineering anisotropy to amplify a long wavelength field without a limit, Proc. of Roy. Soc. A, 469, 20130246, 2013.
- L. P. Liu and P. Sharma. Giant and universal magneto-electric coupling in soft materials and concomitant ramifications for materials science and biology. Phy. Rev. E., 88, 040601 (Rapid Communication), 2013.
- F. Ahmadpoor, Q. Deng, L. P. Liu and P. Sharma.Apparent flexoelectricity in lipid bilayer membranes due to external charge anddipolar distributions. Phy. Rev. E., 88, 050701 (Rapid Communication), 2013.
- L.P. Liu. "A continuum theory of thermoelectric bodies and effective properties of thermoelectric composites." International Journal of Engineering Science, 55, 35-53, 2012.
- L. P. Liu, Hsin-Yi Kuo. Closed-form solutions to the effective properties of fibrous magnetoelectric composites and their applications. Int. J. Struct. Solids, 49, 3055-3062, 2012.
- Y. X. Zhang, L. P. Liu. On diffusion in heterogeneous media. American Journal of Science 312, 1028-1047, 2012.
- L. P. Liu. On energy formulations of electrostatics for continuum media. J. Mech. Phys. Solids, In press, 2012.
- V. Gavini and L.P. Liu. "A homogenization analysis of the field theoretic approach to the quasi-continuum method."
J. Mech. Phys. of Solids, 59, 1536--1551, 2011.
- L.P. Liu."Designing magnets with prescribed fields."
New Journal of Physics, 13, 033013, 2011.
- L.P. Liu. "New optimal microstructures and restrictions on the attainable Hashin-Shtrikman bounds for multiphase composite materials."
Phil. Mag. Lett, 91 473-482,2011
- L. X. Hu and L. P. Liu and K. Bhattacharya. "Existence of surface waves and band gaps in periodic heterogeneous half-spaces." J. of Elasticity, 107, 65-79, 2011
- L.P. Liu. "Hashin-Shtrikman bounds and their attainability for multi-phase composites."
Proc. Roy. Soc. A, 466, 3693-3713, 2010
- L.P. Liu."Neutral shells and their applications in the design of electromagnetic shields."
Proc. Roy. Soc. A, 466, 3659-3677, 2010
- L.P. Liu. "Solutions to periodic Eshelby inclusion problem in two
dimensions." Mathematics and Mechanics of Solids, 15, 557-590, 2010
- L.P. Liu. "Effective conductivities of two-phase composites with a singular phase." J. Appl. Physics. 105, 103503, 2009
- L.P. Liu, K. Bhattacharya."Wave propagation in a sandwich structure."
Int. J. Solids and Structures, 46, 3290-3300, 2009
- L.P. Liu, R.D. James, P.H. Leo. "New extremal inclusions and their
applications to two-phase composites." Archive for Rational Mechanics and
Analysis, Accepted, 2009
- L.P. Liu. "Solutions to the Eshelby conjectures." Proceedings of Royal
Society A, 464, 573 – 594, 2008
- L.P. Liu, R.D. James, P.H. Leo. "Periodic inclusion-matrix microstructures
with constant field inclusions." Metallurgical and Materials Transactions
A, 38, 781 – 787, 2007
- L.P. Liu, R.D. James, P.H. Leo. "Magnetostrictive composites in the dilute
limit." J. Mech. Phys. Solids, 54, 951 – 974, 2006
Selected Published Conference Articles