Subject to availability of funding, the Department expects an opening at the level of tenure-track Assistant Professor, tenured Associate Professor, or tenured Full Professor in Numerical Analysis/Scientific Computation. Candidates must have the Ph.D. and show a strong record of research accomplishments, and have a concern for teaching. The normal annual teaching load for research-active faculty is 2-1, that is, two courses for one semester, plus one course for the other semester.
- Go to https://www.mathjobs.org/jobs and fill out the electronic version of the AMS Application Cover sheet. The code for this position is TAP.
- Submit a curriculum vitae (including a publication list) and arrange for four letters of reference to be submitted, one of which evaluates teaching. Optional materials include a cover letter, research statement, and teaching statement. The teaching statement should not exceed one page in length.
These documents may be submitted in one of two ways :
- Electronically, through the MathJobs website.
This method is strongly suggested.
- If necessary, application materials may instead be mailed to :
Department of Mathematics
Hill Center, Busch Campus
110 Frelinghuysen Road
Piscataway NJ 08854-8019
It is strongly suggested (but not absolutely required, as stated below) that all application materials be submitted electronically through the MathJobs website.
The electronic version of the AMS Cover Sheet must be filled out completely at the MathJobs website. Make sure that you include the code representing the position for which you are applying (TAP), and the AMS Subject Classification number of your area(s) of specialization (2-digit codes). Make sure that you answer the question about how materials are being submitted. Any materials in your portfolio that you submit by postal mail may also be submitted online.
It is essential to check the box on the electronic AMS Cover Sheet indicating whether all application materials, including references, will be submitted electronically.
Applications which are entered successfully will be acknowledged immediately by computer-generated mail from firstname.lastname@example.org (a non-monitored account).
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit material electronically through the MathJobs website.
Rutgers, the State University of New Jersey, is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, military service or any other category protected by law. As an institution, we value diversity of background and opinion, and prohibit discrimination or harassment on the basis of any legally protected class in the areas of hiring, recruitment, promotion, transfer, demotion, training, compensation, pay, fringe benefits, layoff, termination or any other terms and conditions of employment.
Because of its status as a federal contractor, Rutgers University is required to invite applicants and new hires to self-identify, if they so choose, their disability status, protected veteran status, and race/ethnicity. Going forward, please ensure that the following is done:
- Everyone who applies for a faculty, Post-Doctoral Associate, coadjutant or Part Time Lecturer position that is currently open or is posted in the future must be invited to self- identify, if they so choose, their disability status, protected veteran status, and race/ethnicity and gender. The forms that address these areas are attached to this posting, and can also be found on the Academic Labor Relations website at : http://academiclaborrelations.rutgers.edu/resources/resources
Applicants should be instructed to return completed forms to the Office of Academic Labor Relations via the email address or mailing address noted in the attached memo.
- Everyone who is hired for a faculty, Post-Doctoral Associate, coadjutant or Part Time Lecturer position must be given the opportunity to complete all three forms prior to starting work, if they so choose. Completed forms should be returned to the Office of Employment Equity via the email address or mailing address noted in the attached memo.
Also, as it is possible that a foreign national emerges as the top candidate for your search, Rutgers' sponsorship of that candidate for a PERM-based greencard will only be possible if all DOL recruitment requirements are followed which can be found at :