Course Description (Catalog Copy)
01:640:311 Introduction to Real Analysis I (4)
Introduction to language and fundamental concepts of analysis. The real numbers, sequences, limits, continuity, differentiation in one variable.
- CALC 4 01:640:300 or permission of department.
Textbook (regular sections)
Introduction to Analysis, 5th edn. by E. D. Gaughan, Cengage, ISBN: 0-534-35177-8;ISBN-13: 9780534351779.
We recommended the paperback edition through Fall 2008. Now we are using the hardcover.
311H (Honors Section)
Understanding Analysis, 2nd edn. by Stephen Abbott, Springer ISBN: 978-1493927111 2015
Electronic Version available Rutgers University Library
- Strengthening student's understanding of
- the results of calculus and the basis for their validity
- the uses of deductive reasoning
- Increasing the student's ability to
- understand definitions
- understand proofs
- analyze conjectures
- find counter-examples to false statements,
- construct proofs of true statements
- Enhancing the student's mathematical communication skills
Current Semester Sections
Introduction to Real Analysis I (01: 640: 311, Summer 2017 )
Introduction to Real Analysis I (section T6)Index Number: 02869
- [L] Thu 6:00PM-8:30PM HLL-423 (BUS)
- [L] Tue 6:00PM-8:30PM HLL-423 (BUS)